Every woodwork project needs a good set of woodworking plans.
Creating professional woodwork projects is a little like driving to the middle of New York city to enjoy a star attraction. Like you plan and prepare for a vacation trip, all woodwork projects take some planning.
No sane person would take a New York car trip without having
· First learnt to drive a car
· Found a car to drive
· Gained lots of experience driving (county roads first),
· Found a clear map
· Studied the map
· Got some advice
o chatted with the locals or at least someone who has been there
o obtained some assistance from a friendly GPS
· Follow the map road by road, turn by turn until
· You arrive at your destination.
· You take photos to show off your trip to others and to remember the journey
Every successful woodworker starts the same way – with good wood plans! A successful woodworker, novice or professional needs to
· Learn some basic skills,
· Obtain the equipment
· Practice on little woodwork projects
· Find great woodworking patterns that
o Are easy to read
o Have easy step by step woodworking plan instructions
o Have helpful pictures
· Study the woodworking plans
· Get some advice
o Talk with experienced woodworkers about your woodwork project
o Subscribe to woodworking magazines (they have heaps of woodworking plans)
o Use the Woodworking forums
o Get some expert tips (these can be emailed to you daily)
o Watch an instructional wood working plan video
· Follow the wood plans directions step by step until
· Your woodwork project is complete!
o Show off your marvelous woodwork projects to your friends
o Remember the journey
Find professional woodworking patterns, clear wood working plans and instructions, follow them step by step, get some good advice, enjoy your completed woodwork projects and the journey!